Subject: Re: port of omniorb
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "bruno patin (travail)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:39:12 -0500

Bruno,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 10:20:33PM +0200, bruno patin (travail) wrote:
> I try to port omniorb on the cygwin platform. To do this, I'm first 
> porting python. I don't know why but I can't compile python with the 
> thread support and so I have problems with omniorb. Has someone 
> attempted such a thing.

I noticed a while ago that omniorb needed Python to build their toolset.
Are you sure that you need a Python with threading or just the ability
to run Python scripts?  If the latter, then note that Python 2.1b2 builds
OOTB under Cygwin if you configure as follows:

    $ configure --with-threads=no

Sorry, but Cygwin Python's support of threads is not ready for prime
time.

Jason

-- 
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235
Dot Hill Systems Corp.               Fax:   +1 (732) 264-8798
82 Bethany Road, Suite 7             Email: [email-masked]
Hazlet, NJ 07730 USA                 WWW:   http://www.dothill.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple