Subject: Re: bad terminal size in screen utility
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Jan Vicherek <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:28:03 -0500

Please refer these questions to the author of the packages in question.

It looks like you downloaded these from a sourceforge.net site.  Check
with the people there about how to get things working.  This is obviously
not a standard Cygwin utility.

Btw, I don't know why you are referring to a Cygwin 1.1.8 DLL as "20.1b".
If you got a DLL from that site as well, then you really really need to
contact them.

cgf

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 02:43:46PM -0500, Jan Vicherek wrote:
>  I was wondering, whether you have had any luck running screen with
>cygwin - I have cygwin 20.1b DLL 1.1.8 (2001-01-30) and I tried both
>screen-3.9.5 and 3.9.8 :
>
>$ find /d/dl/ -name '*screen*' -ls  | cut -c 50-
>  237538 Mar 14 18:53 /d/dl/http/download.sourceforge.net/cygwin-rpm/screen-3.9.8-1.tar.gz
>       0 Mar 14 18:50 /d/dl/ftp/projects.sourceforge.net/pub/cygwin-rpm/packages/screen
>  289286 Jul  1  2000 /d/dl/ftp/projects.sourceforge.net/pub/cygwin-rpm/packages/screen/screen-3.9.5-3.i386-cygwin.rpm
>
>
> Problem : when running apps through a "screen" tty, terminal size is not
>right.
>
> "vi" only works on 25x80, and "less" gets all screwed up. As "less"
>doesn't have a substitue, I'm stuck ! :) If fact, no apps recognize my
>real terminal with and height, even "ls" shows only 4 columns, while there
>is space for at least 6 !
>
>
>  Would you have any suggestions how to make screen work properly ?
>
>  I tried running screen under cygwin terminal and under xterm
> (by telneting in).

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple