Subject: ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta5 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:59:01 -0500

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

JDE 2.2.7beta5

***************************************************************
*                         PLEASE READ                         *
***************************************************************
*                                                             *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3 (or later),            *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
*                                                             *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *
*                                                             *
***************************************************************

* Replaced use of the which function, which is not in the Emacs
  or XEmacs distribution, with executable-find, which is in both
  distributions. The JDE now requires executable.el which defines
  executable-find. executable.el is in the sh-script package in 
  the XEmacs distribution.

* The JDE now supports use of relative paths wherever the JDE
  requires a path, for example, when setting jde-global-classpath.
  The JDE converts relative paths if jde-resolve-relative-paths is
  set to a non-nil value (the default). The JDE converts a relative 
  path to an absolute path by appending the relative path to the
  path of the project file for the current buffer or, if no such
  file exists, to the path of the current Java source buffer.

  You can use relative paths and environment variables to 
  construct portable project files. For example, suppose your
  project directory has the following structure:

    myprj
      classes
        pkg1
        pkg2
      src
        pkg1
        pkg2
      prj.el

  Further suppose that your project uses beans  from a 
  shared library specified by the environment variable
  BEANS. With this setup, you can specify jde-global-classpath as

      ./src
      ./classes
      $BEANS/lib/dials.jar

  and jde-compile-option-directory as

      ./classes

  This causes the JDE to store classes compiled from your src
  directory in the classes directory.  Note that you have not
  used any absolute paths in creating your project file. This
  means you can move your project anywhere without having to update
  the project file.

* jde-project-name is now a customizable variable that specifies
  the name of the current project.

* JDE->Options->Project File->Save (M-x jde-save-project) now prompts
  you to enter the name of the directory in which to save a new
  project file.

* This releases adds a new command, JDE->Options->Project File->Save In
  (M-x jde-save-project-in) that saves the current project in a 
  directory.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple