Subject: pthreads support
From: "Robert Collins" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:47:39 +1000

Firstly I hope no-one gets annoyed at the cross post - but I know that
not everyone on cygwin/xfree us on cygwin.com and vice versa. I believe
the same goes for cygwin-apps....

I'm very interested in fixing what I consider a problem: People
attempting to use non-cygwin threads support with cygwin1.dll linked
applications. As such I'm hereby solicting bug reports (with _small_
test cases) for the pthreads support in cygwin.

I'm making no promises about actually fixing anything or time frames -
My paid work and personal life do come before cygwin (shock  & horror).
Notwithstanding that, I have recently fixed a chunk of functionality in
cygwin for another opensource project I hack on (squid) and it's pthread
based asynchronous disk module runs quite happily. 

So if you're an application porter, and pthreads doesn't work for you -
contact me on the appropriate cygwin list (cygwin-apps unless it's
xfree86 related, in which case cygwin-xfree, or cygwin-developers if you
are trying to use pthread support within cygwin1.dll and it's broken).

Chris: I hope I'm not stepping across a line here ... but no-one seems
to have current "ownership" of pthreads, and I'd like to see cygwin
actually get fixed rather than a plethora of workarounds created..

Rob

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple