Subject: Re: Dll problem with NT -nmo-cygwin
From: "Paul Garceau" <paul@[168.197.0.1]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:55:26 -0800

On 17 Mar 2001, at 21:29, the Illustrious Torsten Iversen wrote:

> Hi
> 
> I have a dll, which works fine under windows98, but when i run it under
> windows NT it crashes as soon as I make an assignment to a static
> variable in the dll. The dll was compiled with -mno-cygwin and the crash
> occurs at the very first assignment.
> 
> I have created a small test program which shows the problem. The dll is
> linked against a Borkand Delphi 5.0 application.

	This is likely the cause of the problem.  You'll need to convert the 
delphi .dll to one of two formats...MS .dll format or Mingw .dll 
format.

	You can do this with "$ implib > yourdllname.def" .  This may be the 
only step your missing (not sure about your use of "dlltool" as it 
looks a bit strange to me).

	Once you've converted the Delphi .dll to a .def file you will need to 
use the binutil, "dlltool".
	You may need to modify your .def file somewhat (@n decorations --  
Delphi folks:  doesn't Delphi only use the Pascal calling convention?)  
before this next and final step.

	Using dlltool, invoke the name of the .def file you created with 
implib above and convert it into a gcc/g++/ld compatible .dll file 
using "dlltool".

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple