Subject: Re: cvs broken on win2k after recent cygwin upgrade: "The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
From: Dmitrii Pasechnik <[email-masked]>
To: "Matthew D. Langston" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 01:36:33 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Matthew D. Langston wrote:

>I just upgraded this afternoon to the latest version of cygwin (by running
>http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe), and now cvs no longer works.  I
>get the following error message when trying to do a "cvs update" or a "cvs
>checkout" using pserver:
>
>cvs [checkout aborted]: writing to server: The descriptor is a file, not a
>socket
>
>I am running cygwin under Win2k SP1, with the version of cvs (cvs version
>1.11) that installed automatically when the aforementioned setup program was
>run.
>
strange, because I'm running cvs in exactly the same environment.
(only I don't know if your executable is the same)
mine is 1466946 bytes, dated Oct 23 2000, cvs 1.11

I don't remember whether I updated it when running setup to ugrade to
cygwin 1.1.8, or not.

>The previous version of cygwin that I was using (and that had a working cvs)
>was installed sometime last fall (around October 2000 if memory serves).
>So, it appears that the cygwin upgrade that I did this afternoon caused cvs
>to stop working.
>
>I noticed that this problem was mentioned in the mail archives from last
>month (see http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-02/msg00007.html), but
>there didn't seem to be any mention of a workaround.  Is there anyone who
>could help me solve this problem?
rebuild from source?
it's on www.cvshome.org, and doesn't need any patches for cygwin, imho...

-- 
Dmitrii Pasechnik
e-mail: [email-masked] 
http://ssor.twi.tudelft.nl/~dima/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple