Subject: cvs broken on win2k after recent cygwin upgrade: "The descriptor is a file, not a socket"
From: "Matthew D. Langston" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:05:36 -0800

I just upgraded this afternoon to the latest version of cygwin (by running
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe), and now cvs no longer works.  I
get the following error message when trying to do a "cvs update" or a "cvs
checkout" using pserver:

cvs [checkout aborted]: writing to server: The descriptor is a file, not a
socket

I am running cygwin under Win2k SP1, with the version of cvs (cvs version
1.11) that installed automatically when the aforementioned setup program was
run.

The previous version of cygwin that I was using (and that had a working cvs)
was installed sometime last fall (around October 2000 if memory serves).
So, it appears that the cygwin upgrade that I did this afternoon caused cvs
to stop working.

I noticed that this problem was mentioned in the mail archives from last
month (see http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-02/msg00007.html), but
there didn't seem to be any mention of a workaround.  Is there anyone who
could help me solve this problem?

Regards, Matt

--
Matthew D. Langston
SLD, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
[email-masked]
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple