Subject: Re: Make file for Java2 Micro Edition
From: "Tim Prince" <[email-masked]>
To: "Steve Anderson" <[email-masked]>, "Andrew Markebo" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:44:29 -0800

My ugly solution to this in an analogous case is to make a copy of gcc
named CL in the same path, and of course exclude any path where the real
CL might be found.  Just too difficult to make these commercial setups
choose a different compiler.  If the customer's  CC and CXX environment
variables worked, that would be the obvious place to correct the setup.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Markebo" <[email-masked]>
To: "Steve Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2001 4:14 AM
Subject: Re: Make file for Java2 Micro Edition

> cl, sounds like microsofts c/c++ compiler? So either cl is hardcoded
> in the makefiles, or you are running with nmake?
>
> (There is probably a makefile in ../../tools/preverifier/build/win32)
> also
>
>         /Andy
>
> / [email-masked] wrote:
> | I am trying to run the make file for J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition).
When the make file runs I get the following error:
> |
> | Recursively making ../../tools/preverifier/build/win32 all...
make[1]: Entering directory
'/cygdrive/d/j2me//j2me_cldc/tools/preverifier/build/win32/'
cl -c -I../..src/ -DWIN32 -DJAVAVERIFY -DTRIMMED ../../src/check_class.c
make[1]: cl: command not found make[1]: *** [check_class.obj] Error 127
make[1]: leaving directory
'/cygdrive/d/j2me//j2me_cldc/tools/preverifier/build/win32/' make: ***
[all] Error 1
> |
> | What is the cl command?

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple