Subject: fstat problem: linking with crt or msvc?
From: Hubert Garavel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:45:18 +0100 (MET)

I face a backward compatibility problem with fstat() due to a recent 
change in gcc -mno-cygwin (the new GCC links against MVSC instead of CRT).
There have been already a few posts on this issue, but my question is
different.

I have a binary library (".a" file) which calls fstat().
This library was obtained by cross-compilation using an older GCC
that links against CRTDLL (gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release-2).

This library worked well on previous versions of Cygwin, but fails
on the recent ones (lasting from 2001). It seems that, when linked to MSVC,
fstat() uses different data structures and returns different results than 
when linked to CRT.

If possible, I would keep the .a library unchanged.

Which options should be given to the new gcc (in addition -mno-cygwin)
so that it continues to link against CRTDLL as before and uses the
appropriate include files for this? This is really a backard compatibility
model.

Thanks in advance
Hubert

PS: For my curiosity, what are the reasons for switching from CRT to MSVC ?

-- 
',',',',',',',',',',',',' Hubert GARAVEL           | INRIA Rhone-Alpes / VASY
',',',',',',',',',',',',' [email-masked]  | 655, avenue de l'Europe
',',',',',',',',',',',',' tel: +(33) 4 76 61 52 24 | 38330 Montbonnot St Martin
',',',',',',',',',',',',' fax: +(33) 4 76 61 52 52 | France
',',',',',',',',',',',',' http://www.inrialpes.fr/vasy

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple