Subject: ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta3 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:43:49 -0500

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

JDE 2.2.7beta3

***************************************************************
*                         PLEASE READ                         *
***************************************************************
*                                                             *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3 (or later),            *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
*                                                             *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *
*                                                             *
***************************************************************

* Disable jde-which-method-mode by default.

  This mode slows down scrolling, which is disconserting to
  new users, who assume that it is an unavoidable problem
  with using the JDE. Better to let users specifically enable
  this mode so that they are aware of its existance and its
  impact on scrolling performance.

* Fixed bug in compile and run commands that caused them to
  fail if a classpath is not specified.

* Now initializes jde-mode-abbrev-table to ensure 
  compatability with cc-mode 5.28. 

  Thanks to David Ponce for this fix.

* Fixed incorrect generation of javadoc index path in 
  jde-javadoc-make function.   

  Thanks to "William G. Griswold" <[email-masked]> for this fix.

* Updated Beanshell to latest production version: 1.01.

* Added customization variable, bsh-startup-directory.

* JDE->Run App (jde-run), if prefixed by C-u, now prompts
  you to enter the name of the main class to run.

* Changed the jde-help-get-doc function to invoke apply
  with a list as the last argument.

  Thanks to Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> for this
  fix.

* Enhanced jde-help-symbol (JDE->Help->Symbol at Point) command
  to permit accessing javadoc pages located at remote (http)
  as well as local URL addresses. Accessing remote pages 
  requires that the GNU utility, wget, be installed on your
  system in the Emacs exec-path. Native Windows and cygwin
  versions of this utility are available on the Internet.

  Thanks to Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> for providing
  the initial version of this enhancement.

* Fixed author line in jde-gen templates. 

  Thanks to [email-masked].

* Completion index menu now pops up at point in Emacs and at
  the current mouse postion in XEmacs. I'd like the menu to
  popup at point in XEmacs but I can't figure out how to do it.

  Thanks to [email-masked] for providing the initial 
  version of this enhancement.

* Fixed regular expression for finding package in 
  source buffer so that there must be a space between package 
  and the package name. This is to prevent false hits. 

  Thanks to Rory Molinari <[email-masked]>.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple