Subject: Re: Two questions: Moving Directories, Ctrl-Z
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:21:01 -0500

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:44:31PM -0800, Mark Allan Young wrote:
>One thing I've noticed that changed with our recent upgrade
>to 1.1.8 was that moving a directory now seems to perform a copy
>and remove rather than just renaming a directory.  Is there a way
>to just force the rename?  what's the benefit of the copy over the
>rename?

I just tried this.  An "mv" in cygwin moves the directory without
copying.

If it isn't doing this for you we'll need details.

>Also, Ctrl-Z stopped working...  I noticed someone said that this 
>was fixed in a recent snapshot, but I can't find any mention of it
>in the available snapshots, and I can't seem to download any of the
>snapshots to check for the fix...  I get a message indicating that
>the server doesn't allow for anonymous ftp...  what is the date for a
>1.1.9 looking like (assuming that it would have this fix...).

It was working for a while but it is broken again.  Egor Duda is
working on fixing it.

If you are seeing an error about anonymous logins, you should have
additional words that should make it clear what is happening.  You're
hitting the maximum user limit on the server.  The solution is to
keep trying.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple