Subject: Re: SSHd permission problem
From: Axel Kowald <[email-masked]>
To: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:48:25 +0100

Hi,

> This definitely looks as if your account still hasn't the
> correct user rights set. The needed user rights are described in
> /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.5.1p2.README. Just set them for your
> account and it will work, probably.

Ah, but in /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.5.1p2.README it says:

> - If you want to authenticate via RSA and you want to login to that
>   machine to exactly one user account you can do so by running sshd
>   under that user account. 

which is exactly what I did. Here it says nothing that this user account
needs any additional rights. However, I will try it.
But I remembered another thing I did which might be the problem !? When
I installed cygwin (as user kowald) setup asked if i wanted to install
it just for me or for everybody and I then chose "just for me". When I
then logged in as Administrator cygwin behaved very strange because the
mount table wasn't correct. This caused for instance the problem that
the ownership of files seemed to follow whoever is logged in, which was
reported earlier in this list. I then created the system wide mounts by
hand and everything looks okay, but I wonder if this "user installation"
might cause other problems which are not so obvious ??

	Axel

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple