Subject: Re: mingw32 build?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andy Piper <[email-masked]>, "James N. Potts" <[email-masked]>, XEmacs NT List <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:32:59 -0500

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 11:13:56PM -0500, Charles S. Wilson wrote:
>You've given a partial answer: they should not be included in the same
>tarball as the cygwin libs.  And you've also raised a potential problem:
>this behavior requires changes to setup.exe.  Thanks.

As I said, unless I see a few individuals step forth to provide a plan
and actual work, there is no chance of this happening.

When I get email from someone wondering if something is going to be
done, I like to make sure that I respond either in the positive or the
negative.  I am just letting everyone know that neither I or Corinna
will be interested in doing this.

AFAIAC, mingw is a separate project and should remain that way.

However, if someone has a nifty plan for modifying setup.exe so that it
conditionally downloads mingw libraries and if they also have a plan for
keeping things in sync with mingw.org (we really shouldn't be trying to
supplant that project) then I'm all ears.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple