Subject: Re: SSHd permission problem
From: Axel Kowald <[email-masked]>
To: Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:04:06 +0100

Hi,

> Probably your private ssh key files in /etc have the wrong owner and/or
> permission. Did you read the first hint in the README named
> "Important change since 2.3.0p1:"?

Okay, I found out that ntsec wasn't switched on. So I activated it,
modified ownership and permissions of the host and user keys accordingly
and tried again "ssh -v localhost" to connect to the sshd which is
running as service. 

Now it asks me for the password, but it doesn't recognize it :-((
So the situation for sshd running as service is now the same as sshd
started on the command line. Any further thoughts what could be wrong or
what I could check ?

Many thanks,

	Axel

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple