Subject: Building Python-2.1b1 problems
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:10:42 +0100

Hi cygwinners,

for me all the extensions did not built.

e.g.:

gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-
2.1/fpectlmodule.o -L. -L/usr/local/lib -lpython2.1 -o build/lib.cygwin_nt-4.0-
1.1.8-i586-2.1/fpectl.dll
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-2.1/fpectlmodule.o(.text+0x35): undefined 
reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-2.1/fpectlmodule.o(.text+0x3c): undefined 
reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-2.1/fpectlmodule.o(.text+0x9e): undefined 
reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-2.1/fpectlmodule.o(.text+0xa5): undefined 
reference to `_Py_NoneStruct'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
WARNING: building of extension "fpectl" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit 
status 1

Now i played around and i figured out, that -lpython2.1 is not recognized.

I changed it to /src/Python-2.1.b1/libpython2.1.dll and it works.

administrator@ISMENE /src/Python-2.1b1
$ gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-
2.1/fpectlmodule.o -L. -L/usr/local/lib /src/Python-2.1b1/libpython2.1.dll -o 
build/lib.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i586-2.1/fpectl.dll

administrator@ISMENE /src/Python-2.1b1
$

What should i say? I don't know why this is so (see -L.), but now i got my 
extensions, after building by hand.

Ciao,

Gerrit

-- 
[email-masked]
KeyID: 0xC8C9D69A = 57C8 1B1D CFE4 8515 AA3E  4499 A326 0F3C C8C9 D69A

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple