Subject: Problem building Perl-5.6.1 w cygwin 1.1.6
From: Johan Niklasson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:55:05 +0100

Hi!

I am trying to do a bootstrap that need perl placed in a certain
directory and thus I need to build from the source. I try to build from
the source that comes with the cygwin-setup, since I had big hope that
would compile easily.
As far as I can tell I have followed the instructions in the
readme-files, and whatever options I add to the configure-script it
seems I get the same error during make:

gmake[2]: Entering directory
`/work/devenv/DevEnv_SA/Tools_SE/EpTools_OB/Perl_OU/i486-cygwin-nt/perl-5.6.1-1'
GNUmakefile:244: warning: overriding commands for target `perlmain.o'
GNUmakefile:186: warning: ignoring old commands for target `perlmain.o'
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 miniperlmain.o`  miniperlmain.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 perl.o`  perl.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
perl.c: In function `perl_parse':
perl.c:864: warning: passing arg 1 of `time' from incompatible pointer
type
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 malloc.o`  malloc.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 gv.o`  gv.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 toke.o`  toke.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 perly.o`  perly.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 op.o`  op.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 regcomp.o`  regcomp.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 dump.o`  dump.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
`sh  cflags libperl5_6_1 util.o`  util.c
	  CCCMD =  gcc -DPERL_CORE -c -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -DHAS_SBRK_PROTO
-fno-strict-aliasing -O2 
util.c:2193: conflicting types for `vsprintf'
/usr/include/stdio.h:149: previous declaration of `vsprintf'
util.c: In function `vsprintf':
util.c:2196: structure has no member named `_ptr'
util.c:2197: structure has no member named `_cnt'
util.c:2201: structure has no member named `_flag'
util.c:2201: `_IOWRT' undeclared (first use in this function)
util.c:2201: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
util.c:2201: for each function it appears in.)
gmake[2]: *** [util.o] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory
`/work/devenv/DevEnv_SA/Tools_SE/EpTools_OB/Perl_OU/i486-cygwin-nt/perl-5.6.1-1'
gmake[1]: ***
[/work/devenv/DevEnv_IDPG/DeploymentTools_IDP/Perl_LM/perl/i486-cygwin-nt/perl.sentry]
Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/work/devenv/DevEnv_SA/Tools_SE/EpTools_OB/Perl_OU'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I am currently out of ideas, and would appreciate a few good guesses on
what in my environment or what else that might be wrong.

Best regards
Johan Niklasson

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple