Subject: Re: python 2.0, cygwin & readline - undefined symbols
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:37 +0100

<Am 2001-03-11 17:52 wars, als Jason Tishler schrieb:>
< Re: python 2.0, cygwin & readline - >

> Please provide me with more details than the above.  Specifically,
> I would like to see the output from the compilation and link (if
> appropriate) lines.  Without this information, I cannot help you.

O.K., My make log is about 142KB, so i snip out the first try of make
to build an extension and then some excerpts from below.

[...]
Creating library file: libpython2.1.dll.a
gcc -s  -o python.exe Modules/python.o \
		libpython2.1.dll.a    -lm  
PYTHONPATH= ./python.exe ./setup.py build
running build
running build_ext
building 'struct' extension
creating build
creating build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1
gcc -I. -I/src/Python-2.1b1/./Include -IInclude/ -I/usr/local/include -c /src/Python-2.1b1/Modules/structmodule.c -o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-
2.1/structmodule.o
creating build/lib.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1
gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o -L. -L/usr/local/lib -lpython2.1 -o build/lib.cygwin_nt-4.0-
1.1.8-i686-2.1/struct.dll
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x53):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_TypeError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0xa0):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyLong_Type'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x205):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_SystemError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x22b):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_OverflowError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x44d):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_SystemError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x476):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_OverflowError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0xc34):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyString_Type'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x102f):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_TypeError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x1bd7):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyTuple_Type'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x1c05):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyExc_TypeError'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x1e78):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyString_Type'
build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/structmodule.o(.text+0x1f33):structmodule.c: undefined reference to `PyString_Type'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
WARNING: building of extension "struct" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
building 'regex' extension
gcc -I. -I/src/Python-2.1b1/./Include -IInclude/ -I/usr/local/include -c /src/Python-2.1b1/Modules/regexmodule.c -o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-
2.1/regexmodule.o
gcc -I. -I/src/Python-2.1b1/./Include -IInclude/ -I/usr/local/include -c /src/Python-2.1b1/Modules/regexpr.c -o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-
2.1/regexpr.o
gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/regexmodule.o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/regexpr.o -L. -
L/usr/local/lib -lpython2.1 -o build/lib.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/regex.dll

[...]

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
WARNING: building of extension "regex" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
building 'pcre' extension
gcc -I. -I/src/Python-2.1b1/./Include -IInclude/ -I/usr/local/include -c /src/Python-2.1b1/Modules/pcremodule.c -o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-
2.1/pcremodule.o
gcc -I. -I/src/Python-2.1b1/./Include -IInclude/ -I/usr/local/include -c /src/Python-2.1b1/Modules/pypcre.c -o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/pypcre.o
gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/pcremodule.o build/temp.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/pypcre.o -L. -
L/usr/local/lib -lpython2.1 -o build/lib.cygwin_nt-4.0-1.1.8-i686-2.1/pcre.dll

[...]

and so on

And also, after installing Python is not working which is probably normal in this case.

Ciao,

Gerrit
-- 
# perl is so cool.
Gerald Oskoboiny, validator source

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple