Subject: Re: python 2.0, cygwin & readline - undefined symbols
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 18:06:44 +0100

<Am 2001-03-10 22:32 wars, als Jason Tishler schrieb:>
< Re: python 2.0, cygwin & readline - >

> After updating your Cygwin setup...
[...] 
> .. can you build Python 2.1b1 now?

I got several times this warning:
In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:4,
                 from Python/import.c:19:
/usr/include/sys/unistd.h:237: warning: `MAXPATHLEN' redefined

some other warnings, plus most problems as make tries to build extensions,
most because of undefined references:

WARNING: building of extension "struct" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "regex" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "pcre" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "_weakref" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "_symtable" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "xreadlines" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "array" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "cmath" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "math" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "strop" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "time" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "operator" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "_codecs" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "_testcapi" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "unicodedata" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

_locale did not fail!

WARNING: building of extension "fcntl" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "pwd" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "grp" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

errno did not fail!

WARNING: building of extension "select" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "md5" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "sha" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "new" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "parser" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "cStringIO" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "cPickle" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "mmap" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "rotor" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "syslog" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "timing" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "audioop" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

imageop did not fail!

WARNING: building of extension "rgbimg" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "readline" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

crypt did not fail!

WARNING: building of extension "_socket" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "gdbm" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "bsddb" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "mpz" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "termios" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "_curses" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "_curses_panel" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "fpectl" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "zlib" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
WARNING: building of extension "pyexpat" failed: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

-- 
# perl is so cool.
Gerald Oskoboiny, validator source

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple