Subject: Re: Stack Dump Problem
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Highley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 22:57:30 -0500

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 10:28:59PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>David,
>
>On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 08:19:55AM -0800, David Highley wrote:
>> Since upgrading my cygwin environment I get a stack dump when trying to
>> run aspell from within vim. I have included the setup log file fragment
>> of cygwin subsystems updated and the stack dump file.
>
>I found that replacing the cygwin1.dll with a post 1.1.8-2 version solved
>my aspell stack dump problem (and others).  However, this is probably
>not the best workaround since Chris has already indicated that the problem
>appears to be with aspell itself.

Hmm.  Did I miss an explanation for this?  The stack dump shows multiple
levels of calls of a user program so I ass*u*me*d that this was not a Cygwin
problem.

Has this already been discussed?  Do we know why aspell works better with
snapshots?  I have no problem with a workaround that involves moving forward
and testing the snapshots.  Eventually one of those snapshots will be Cygwin
1.3.0.  It would be nice to see people trying them out.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple