Subject: RE: GCC targets
From: "Blythe.Stephen" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Darrik Spaude'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:04:07 -0800

Hi Darrik,

You need to compile GCC yourself as a cross compiler.
Mumit Khan has a good guide to compiling GCC (including as a Cross compiler)
at http://www.nanotech.edu.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
I looked at many sources, but this is the one that worked for me.
You might also try asking for help at the crossGCC mailing list, at
[email-masked]

Stephen Blythe
Senior Software Engineer	 (Product Support Group)	ext.482
[email-masked]		Barcrest (a trading division of IGT-UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: Darrik Spaude [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 09 March 2001 15:08
To: [email-masked]
Subject: GCC targets

Hello,

I downloaded the Cygwin tools with the expectation that I would be 
able to use GCC to compile for various target platforms.  For 
example, I tried:

gcc -m68000 voce.c

and I get an error that says '68000' is an invalid option.  The same 
goes for -mcpu=860  (860 is an invalid option).

Does the GCC app supplied with the Cygwin tools support other targets 
or am I dreaming?  Is there some way to get GCC with support for 
multiple targets working on Windows or DOS?

I'm not very familiar with GCC, but I do know that $5000 to $10000 is 
ridiculous for a compiler.

Thank you very much,
Darrik J. Spaude
Development Engineer
MultiTech Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple