Subject: GCC and PThreads on CYGWIN 1.1.8
From: John Phelps <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 17:14:42 -0500

Can anyone tell me if the stock gcc 2.95.2-6 that comes with CYGWIN is
compiled with -enable-threads=posix? If not, what is the standard
approach for rebuilding gcc on CYGWIN? I've tried looking for the latest
and could only dig up 2.95.2, and when I build in posix thread support I
run into various problems with pthread_once and pthread_key_create. I
can continue to hack on the gcc source, but I thought that perhaps
someone may already have a build or some pointers.

BTW, I'm doing this because our multi-threaded test programs die with
various segfault problems. This is the same behavior that is exhibited
when we run the same test code on our Unix systems without enabling
Posix thread support within gcc.

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

-- 
John Phelps                  mailto:[email-masked]
Solipsys Corporation         http://www.solipsys.com

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple