Subject: Re: Detecting the need for -mwin32 in newer cygwin gcc's
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Charles S. Wilson" <[email-masked]>, Alexandre Oliva <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:53:56 -0500

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 10:49:33PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>cygwin, win32
>cygwin, nowin32
>no cygwin (aka mingw32), win32
>no cygwin, nowin32

-mno-cygwin and -mnowin32 is not an allowed combination.

Please, let's not complicate this.  The only thing required is a check
for -mwin32.

I'm not sure what all of the fuss is about.  autoconf is a method for
determining system configurations and oddities.  If a package maintainer
wants to write a configure.in which automatically detects when it is
running on Windows, using a cygwin version of gcc to build things, I
don't see why he shouldn't have a macro to accomodate the oddities of
cygwin gcc.

If this kind of macro isn't available in some fashion, then we leave
every package maintainer to reimplement the check in their own fashion.
To me, that is counter to what autoconf is all about.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple