Subject: Re: Detecting the need for -mwin32 in newer cygwin gcc's
From: Alexandre Oliva <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 07 Mar 2001 23:49:07 -0300

On Mar  7, 2001, Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Basically, I think we need something like a AC_PROG_GCC_USES_MWIN32.

I have mixed feelings about having this macro in autoconf.  On one
hand, it would be kind of promoting the use of proprietary software.
On the other, I see it would be a convenience for projects that really
need it, even though it could probably live with CFLAGS='-mwin32 -g -O2'.

I suppose a new macro could be posted to the autoconf macro archive
first, and, if lots of people agree autoconf is the right place for
this macro, we can eventually swallow it.

-- 
Alexandre Oliva   Enjoy Guarana', see http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/
Red Hat GCC Developer                  aoliva@{cygnus.com, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist    *Please* write to mailing lists, not to me

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple