Subject: Re: An easy (but possibly time-consuming) test case for Make hanging
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:37:26 -0500

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:51:11AM -0500, John Pollock wrote:
>>In case someone is expecting the "someone with more knowledge" to be
>>me, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm not planning on debugging
>>this and will be interested in seeing who might be stepping forward to
>>give it a go.
>
>if no one steps forward, any suggestions as to what we might do next
>(other than avoiding -j2)?  Using -j2 is such a boon for us (and would
>be for other people too) that it would be a real shame to have to
>revert to -j1.  But i don't know that anyone where we are is capable of
>figuring out what's wrong beyond what jonathan's already done.  Is
>there anything else we can provide to the list that would make the
>debugging effort easier for someone else?

Dunno.  Frankly, I think that if you want to get this working you should
debug it yourself.  That's just a pragmatic suggestion.

I sincerely doubt that anyone else is going to be interested in fixing
your problem for you.

The other alternative is to purchase a support contract with Red Hat and
pay for our professional services.  Otherwise, you'll have to live with
whatever free support Corinna and I are willing to give.

If someone submits a patch or has a specific question beyond "Here's an
strace log.  What's going on???" I'll respond to it with my usual
alacrity.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple