Subject: Re: -luser32 with recent gcc and cygwin-1.1.8
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:04:44 -0500

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 01:02:54PM -0600, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
>At 01:35 PM 3/5/01 -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>>At 11:14 AM 3/5/2001, Jonathan Fosburgh wrote:
>> >I recently upgraded cygwin to 1.1.8 and was having a few problems that 
>> seemed to be coming from zsh (the problems no longer seem to be 
>> happening, go figure) but when I was trying to rebuild zsh, I started 
>> having problems with the configure script.  When it tests the C compiler 
>> it fails due to ld not being able to find -luser32.  This seems to have 
>> been used by a lot of other builds.  I am using a recent gcc 
>> package.  What can I do to fix this?  Thank you.
>> >
>> >Jonathan Fosburgh
>> >Software Systems Specialist III
>> >Communications and Computer Services
>> >UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
>>
>>
>>Just a guess but it sounds to me like you upgraded only certain packages
>>(or setup missed/had problems with some).  Try upgrading again and see if
>>that helps.  You're probably looking for the win32api package to resolve
>>this particular error but I can't promise you won't see other problems if
>>you just pick-and-choose the packages you upgrade (even those I might 
>>suggest)
>>without an understanding of how they interrelate.
>>
>
>My gcc is at 2.95.2-6. The only things currently saying they require 
>updating is openssh, squid (which is not installed) and termcap, I do not 
>use the one from cygwin, instead I use the BSD termcap.  Everything else is 
>up-to-date.

Regardless of what setup says, you are obviously missing libuser32.a, for
some reason.  It is in the w32api package.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple