Subject: Re: Is it not possible, please confirm
From: Randall R Schulz <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>, Patrick Ohnewein <[email-masked]>
Cc: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:16:14 -0800

Patric, Andy,

TeraTerm will scroll a line at a time up or down without perturbing 
anything else or sending any characters when you use CTRL-up-arrow or 
-down-arrow, resp. It also lets you use bit 8 for META and associate this 
with the PC keyboard ALT key. Likewise for page scrolling using 
CTRL-Page-Up and -Down.

TeraTerm is my favorite terminal emulator. It works with Telnet and Serial 
(COM) ports and offers lots of control. Here's the "features" called out on 
the content page of the online help:

Serial port connections.
TCP/IP (telnet) connections.
VT100 emulation and selected VT200/300 emulation.
TEK4010 emulation.
File transfer protocols (Kermit, XMODEM, ZMODEM, B-PLUS and Quick-VAN).
Scripts using the "Tera Term Language".
Japanese and Russian character sets.

It's freeware, by the way. Check it out: 
<http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html>.

Anticipating some questions, there are SSH extensions for TeraTerm 
available, but I know nothing about them. They show up in abundance in a 
general Web searche on "TeraTerm," though.

RandyS

At 10:57 3/2/2001, Andrew Markebo wrote:
>/ Patrick Ohnewein <[email-masked]> wrote:
>| hmmm
>|
>| Are there any plans to incorporate a feature which does it.
>| I know it would be possible, I used NtSH for a while which has the
>| feature, but of course lakes many others ;)
>|
>| cu pazzo
>
>[about scrolling up and down by the help of the keyboard]
>
>You can probably start bash from within ntsh, or run bash in an xterm
>:-) Or.. hmm rxvt is ported to win32, maybe has such feature..
>
>         /Andy

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple