Subject: spawn hangs for non-Cygwin programs
From: Bob Wilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:24:10 -0800

I have a Cygwin program that contains the following call to invoke a
child process:

    pid = spawnvp((int)_P_NOWAIT, argv[0], argv);

Sometime between Cygwin 1.1.4 and 1.1.8 it seems to have stopped
working.  If the child is another Cygwin program, then everything is
fine.  If the child was compiled with -mno-cygwin, however, the spawnvp
call never returns (as if I hadn't specified _P_NOWAIT).

Is this supposed to work?  If not, is it a known problem?  I'm
tentatively planning to rewrite my code to call CreateProcess directly
but I thought I should report the problem in case no one else has
encountered this yet.

-- 
Bob Wilson                      Tel: (408) 327-7312
Tensilica, Inc.                 Fax: (408) 986-8919
3255-6 Scott Blvd.              email: [email-masked]
Santa Clara, CA 95054

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple