Subject: Re: Cygwin memory problems
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Chris Althouse <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mark Buckhalt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:59:46 -0500

At 01:28 PM 2/27/2001, Chris Althouse wrote:

>Hello Cygwin mailing list,
>
>I am trying to execute a program written for Unix on my Windows NT PC using
>the Cygwin program.  I am getting the following message: "Program too big to
>fit in memory".  The program itself is 534KB and I have 1600 MB of virtual
>memory on top of 128 MB of RAM.  I can add more virtual memory, but how much
>is enough?

 From the information you've provided, its not obvious what the issue is.
If you're having problems here, I'm going to guess that you're program is 
statically or dynamically asking for more memory than you have available.
But that's just a guess.  You'll need to debug it a little more and provide
some of that information to the list before someone here could help you more.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple