Subject: Re: lseek() fails to seek on /dev/fd0 ('\\.\A:')
From: Jesper Eskilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Feb 2001 11:21:01 +0100

Corinna Vinschen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Indeed. I would be interested in the trivial patch as well.

The patch's triviality depends on how one checks for if a file descriptor
refers to a raw device or not. I'm not sure how to do that reliably.

For our purposes it is enough to check if the file-descriptor refers to a
regular file and avoid doing a SEEK_END in that case, but that is probably
not sufficient in the general case.

/Jesper
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesper Eskilson                                         [email-masked]
Virtutech                                         http://www.virtutech.se
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple