Subject: Re: Problems with NT Installation
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:52:40 +0200

On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:14:17 -0500, Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 09:47:09AM +0000, Harry Erwin wrote:
> >We're trying to install cygwin on an NT-based network. The 
> >installation is to the C: drive, while the students have write-access 
> >only to the H: drive, which contains their home directories. When we 
   ++++++++++++++++++++
> >kick off bash and cd to H:/, we get an indication that we're in 
> >/cygdrive/h/, but when we try a dir or ls on that, we crash hard.

I guess that they try to access /tmp which is on C: drive (check
your mount table). /tmp must be writable for many programs.

Ehud.

-- 
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency
     @    @      @  @@  @   Tel: +972-3-6212-757    Fax: +972-3-6292-544
     @    @ @    @ @  @@    (USA)  Fax  and  voice  mail:  1-815-5509341
     @    @ @    @ @    @        Better     Safe     Than     Sorry
 http://www.simonwiesel.co.il    mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple