Subject: Re: lseek() fails to seek on /dev/fd0 ('\\.\A:')
From: Jesper Eskilson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Feb 2001 13:03:29 +0100

Jesper Eskilson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Why is it ok to seek to 0 bytes and 1 byte, but not 2?

The test-program passed parameters in the wrong order, the correct order is

        lseek(fd, pos, whence)

However, this was not the error I was really trying to fix (the real
program passed the parameters in the correct order). The real problem was
that lseek() fails when doing SEEK_END on a raw device. On Linux and
Solaris, lseek() return 0 when doing SEEK_END on raw devices.

Any comments?

/Jesper
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jesper Eskilson                                         [email-masked]
Virtutech                                         http://www.virtutech.se
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple