Subject: RE: Cygwin Termcap information involving extended ascii charicters
From: "Andrej Borsenkow" <[email-masked]>
To: "Uther Pendragon" <[email-masked]>, "Egor Duda" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Cygwin Mailing List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 11:58:13 +0300

>
> Box  characters have nothing to do with extended ascii codes. They are
> described in acsc capability in your terminfo entry. Your problem with
> mc  arise from the fact that windows consoles have 2 modes -- ansi and
> oem.   Original  terminfo  entry  was  written for oem mode, which was
> default  at that time. Sometime ago cygwin have changed its default to
> ansi   mode and it lead to problem with box characters -- in ansi mode
> box   characters  have different codes.
>
> To  solve  your  problem  you  have  two   options. You can either set
> cygwin default console mode to 'oem' by  adding    'codepage:oem'   to
> your CYGWIN variable, or change acsc capability in terminfo entry.
>

Unix that I'm working on has two console terminfo's, at386 and at386-iso,
corresponding to OEM and ANSI cases. Cygwin could take the same way and set
TERM to two different strings depending on codepage value.

In cany case, if ANSI is now default, default termcap/terminfo should
obviously corespond to this.

-andrej

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple