Subject: How possible and how easy?
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 06:37:55 -0500

From the FAQ:

"As a result, it is possible to easily port many significant Unix programs
without the need for extensive changes to the source code".

I am interested in using LNKnet a public domain Pattern Classification
Software from MIT and am wondering if anyone can give me an idea as to the
amount of "non-extensive" changes a GUI tool of that nature would require to
generate a Windows executable?

http://www.ll.mit.edu/IST/lnknet/

lnkNET is under consideration for a for profit collaborative project in the
field of automated trading systems.  Significant contributions would qualify
for either some access to the final product or some profit sharing.

One side interest of our project is to see if the bazaar style development
model can be extended to commercial semi-open source software and to
business building.  The reason it's semi-open is because there are no more
compelling reasons to make public a profitable trading system than placing
your private credit card information under the GPL.

Thanks for your comments,
Thierry

---
www.Arbitragex.net - eVentures without quitting your day job.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple