Subject: ANN: JDE 2.2.7beta2 available at ...
From: Paul Kinnucan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 14:50:36 -0500

http://jde.sunsite.dk/

JDE 2.2.7beta2

***************************************************************
*                         PLEASE READ                         *
***************************************************************
*                                                             *
* This release requires semantic 1.3.3 (or later),            *
* speedbar 0.13 (or later), and eieio-0.15 (or later). You    *
* can obtain all three packages at                            *
* http://cedet.sourceforge.net                                *
*                                                             *
* This release also requires elib 1.0 or later.               *
* Your can obtain elib at the JDE web site in compressed      *
* tar (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.tar.gz) or              *
* zip (http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/elib.zip) format.            *
*                                                             *
***************************************************************

* Add jde-java-font-lock.api to the JDE zip files.

* You can now use tilde (~) notation in paths.

* You can now use environment variables, tilde notation, and 
  cygwin syntax in jde-compile-option-directory path.

* Adds jde-package-update command.

  This command generates or updates the package statement at
  the head of the current Java source buffer based on the
  location of the buffer directory in the classpath.

  Thanks to David Ponce for providing this command.

* The class, console app, and Swing app templates now prompt
  you to enter a package name. The prompt includes a suggested
  package name based on the location of the current directory 
  in the classpath.

About the JDE
=============

The JDE is a free software package that transforms Emacs/XEmacs into an
integrated development environment (IDE) for developing Java applications and
applets. The JDE, introduced in January, 1997, has thousands of users
worldwide in industry, academia, and government. Its mailing list currently
numbers more than 650 subscribers.

Features include:

* Menu of commonly used commands (compile, run, debug, build, insert
  javadoc, generate javadoc, interpret, help, etc.)

* extended syntax coloring

* automic indentation

* source-level debugging based on either jdb or the
  JDE's integrated JPDA-based debugger (JDEbug)

* javadoc comment insertion and javadoc generation

* Intellisense-like completion of object methods and fields

* Java source code intepreter

* Code templates

* automatic generation of import statements

* control flow abbreviation expansion (e.g, if -> if then else)

* source code navigation tools, including a class index menu and
  a tree-structured source code browser

* RCS and CVS source code repository support

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple