Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx tries to use a weird "cp" copy program when downloading files.
From: Doug Kaufman <[email-masked]>
To: Lynx Developer News Group <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin News Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:27:38 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Malcolm Boekhoff wrote:

>  I can't get lynx to download anything using the default "save to
> disk" option. 
> ... 
> If I type "lynx http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe" and
> then use the default "save to disk" option, the file appears to get
> downloaded, but then Lynx tries to use a weird "cp" copy program to
> copy the temporary file to "setup.exe". The copy program it is trying
> to spawn appears to be:
>
>   /cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin/cp

This appears to be an old version of lynx, copiled with absolute
paths for utilities (an option when compiling). There are
two simple fixes. The easiest is to create the directory
"/cygnus/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/bin", then "ln /bin/cp cp". The other is to
download a non-cywin build of a recent Win32 lynx. Links to several of
these are on my web site "http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/index.html".
You can also compile your own copy from source with cygwin, allowing
you to configure it as you like and to include SSL support. I
regularly compile lynx with cygwin; it compiles without problems. Lynx
source is at "http://lynx.isc.org/" or "ftp://lynx.isc.org".
                  Doug

__ 
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple