Subject: trouble building rcs 5.7 on latest cygwin
From: Karel Sprenger <[email-masked]>
To: cygwin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Karel Sprenger <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 2001 23:03:56 +0100

Hi,

Since I installed cygwin-1.18 a number of rcs programs abort with messages
like

C:\usr\local\bin\ci.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
      0 [main] ci 62 fixup_mmaps_after_fork: base address fails to match requested address 0x4A90000
C:\usr\local\bin\ci.exe: *** recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
ci: /var/tmp/T0000327: No such file or directory

In the last attempt at rbuilding them I applied the patch reported by Rod
Whitby (see at http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-01/msg01038.html), but
that produced in fact the message shown above.

My mount table is:

HARMONY-528$ mount
Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\Program Files    /winprg             system       binmode
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            system       binmode
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            system       binmode
C:\usr\local        /usr/local          system       binmode
C:\cygwin           /                   system       binmode
C:\Users            /Users              system       binmode
C:\emacs            /emacs              system       binmode
E:\TEMP             /var/tmp            system       binmode
E:\TEMP             /tmp                system       binmode
D:                  /usr/local/share    system       binmode
E:                  /var                system       binmode

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Karel

-- 
Karel Sprenger, senior solution specialist
COMPAQ, Professional Services
Mobile: +31 (6) 5178 5034           Home: +31 (20) 670 0942
E-mail: [email-masked]   Private: [email-masked]
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple