Subject: Re: file descriptors opened as text files
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:11:28 +0200

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:52:25 +0100, Heribert Dahms <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> - binmode.o and textmode.o files are now available for linking with an
>   application to force an application to open files in binmode or
>   textmode by default.

Just a clarifying question: Does these o files affects the pre-opened
files/fids (stdin, stdout and stderr - 0, 1 2) ?
If so, is it independent of the piping (i.e. < file, prog | prog ) ?

Ehud.

-- 
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency
     @    @      @  @@  @   Tel: +972-3-6212-757    Fax: +972-3-6292-544
     @    @ @    @ @  @@    (USA)  Fax  and  voice  mail:  1-815-5509341
     @    @ @    @ @    @        Better     Safe     Than     Sorry
 http://www.simonwiesel.co.il    mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple