Subject: Re: Followup on eliminating symlink ReadFile calls -- it's not necessary
From: Warren Young <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin-L <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:56:10 -0700

Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> 
> If I felt qualified to write it, I would.

Not to harp on my creds, but as maintainer of two FAQs, I find that one
of the fastest ways to get the right answer is to put the wrong answer
in the FAQ.  ;)  Your qualifications are unimportant, only your interest
and time matter.  You only risk temporarily embarrassing yourself, but
that only encourages you to research your answers better before posting
them.

I think you might be an ideal FAQ maintainer.  As Cygwin is so important
to your company, they should even be willing to donate some of your time
to the effort.  You just need to explain to them that maintaining a FAQ
is a great learning experience.  I know I've learned a hell of a lot
more about Winsock and Palm programming over the time I've maintained my
two FAQs than if I'd been left to learning only what I _wanted_ to know.
--                                                   _
= 'Net Address: http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent | / \  ASCII Ribbon
= ICBM Address: 36.82740N, 108.02040W, alt. 1714m | \ /  Campaign
=                                                 |  X   Against
= Chance favors the prepared mind.                | / \  HTML Mail

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple