Subject: Re: 1.1.8: du reports incorrect sizes
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Javorcik, William (ITG)" <[email-masked]>, "'Earnie Boyd'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:17:30 -0500

At 04:10 PM 2/14/01, Charles Wilson wrote:
>"Larry Hall (RFK Partners Inc)" wrote:
>> 
>> I think that was Earnie's point.  The problem could be caused by the new
>> du or the new DLL.  If you would try the old du running against the new
>> DLL, this would answer the question of where the problem lies...
>
>I think the confusion here is about the new packaging system.  Packages
>such as "fileutils" are now decoupled from the core cygwin.  So, on Jan
>31, 2001, cygwin-1.1.8-2 replaced cygwin-1.1.7 as the official core
>cygwin package.  On Dec 27, 2000, cygwin-1.1.7 in turn replaced
>cygwin-1.1.6 as the official cygwin core package.
>
>Completely asynchronous to this, however, fileutils-4.0-2 replaced
>fileutils<no explicit version, based on 3.12> as the official fileutils
>binary package for the cygwin platform on Dec 18, 2000.
>
>So, it means very little to say "the fileutils from cygwin-1.1.8".  All
>that says is "I updated both cygwin-core and fileutils at some point
>after Jan 31, 2001."  The question Earnie want answered is:
>
>Did the fileutils-3.12 ---> 4.0-2 change on Dec 18, 2000 cause  the
>problem, or did the cygwin-core change on Dec 27, 2000 or Jan 31, 2001,
>or ... cause the problem?
>
>--Chuck

Thanks for the clarifying remarks.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple