Subject: Re: cygwin / rtems problems...
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin News Group <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:34:42 -0500

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:23:34PM -0000, Kirk Bateman wrote:
>I'm having trouble getting cross development for powerpc to work properly...
>
>On a win98 machine.
>
>I have a cygwin installation which is working fine, building executables for
>dos system.
>cygcheck results are attached incase useful.
>
>Where are the following rpm's supposed to be extracted to ....
>
>rtems-base-binutils-2.9.5.0.24-1.i386.rpm
>rtems-base-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm
>rtems-base-gdb-4.18-4.i386.rpm
>
>powerpc-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm -> tried \cygwin\usr\lib
>and \cygwin\lib\gcc-lib\ and \ (ie. \opt\rtems.......)
>powerpc-rtems-binutils-2.9.5.0.24-1.i386.rpm
>powerpc-rtems-gcc-gcc2.95.2newlib1.8.2-7.i386.rpm

This is a question for whoever provided you with the RPMs.  Contact
them with these questions.  They are obviously not part of the
standard cygwin release.

>After partially putting some files onto the system, trying to compile I get
>a message saying the linker isn't being used (fine) and also:
>"gcc: installation problem, cannot exec'cc1': No such file or directory"
>
>The gcc -print-search-dirs  seems to have the correct directory for the
>files... cc1.exe included
>
>Hopefully someone can be of assistance here... It was soo much easier
>getting the prc-tools distributions to work with cygwin-b20-full.exe

We didn't release these tools with Cygwin B20.

>The latest cygwin configurations are terrible....  and the
>documentation for rtems relating to cygwin is probably around 5 years
>out of date ??

Where are you finding this documentation?  A scan of every document at
the cygwin web site does not unearth any occurencs of the string
"rtems".

And, just a hint, using words like "terrible" when asking for help is
probably not a good idea.

>If this is resolved, I will update the documentation as to where to install
>files to get them to work and what paths are required on a win98 host.

That's probably a good idea but it is of little interest to this mailing
list.  You should probably find someone in RTEMS land who can help you.

cgf

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple