Subject: getnetbyaddr problem in cygwin-1.1.8-2 and ucd-snmp-4.x
From: "Victor M. Esquivel" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 21:17:11 -0800

Hello,

I installed all the latest CygWin files including cygwin-1.1.8-2.tar.gz,
mingw-20010130-1.tar.gz, and w32api-20010130-1.tar.gz.  I then attempted to
compile UCD-SNMP v4.2 (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/), but I kept
getting an error regarding "getnetbyaddr" (partial error output included
below).  I then tried to compile UCD-SNMP v4.1.2, and I had very similar
errors.

Since my previous CygWin install was v1.1.6-1 (including
mingw-20001111-1.tar.gz and w32api-20001111-1.tar.gz), I installed CygWin
v1.1.7-1 with mingw-20001111-1.tar.gz and w32api-20001111-1.tar.gz right on
top of the v1.1.8-2 install.  I was able to successfully compile UCD-SNMP
v4.2.

So, I think there is a problem with "getnetbyaddr" in CygWin v1.1.8-2.  Can
someone confirm this or let me know how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance,

-victor

===== begin error message =====

gcc -I../.. -I../../../apps/snmpnetstat/../..
-I../../../apps/snmpnetstat/../../
snmplib  -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes               
-Wpointer-arit
h -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused
-Wno-char-subscripts  -Dc
ygwin -I../.. -I../../../apps/snmpnetstat/../..
-I../../../apps/snmpnetstat/../.
./snmplib   -c -o winstub.o ../../../apps/snmpnetstat/winstub.c
../../../apps/snmpnetstat/winstub.c:173: conflicting types for
`getnetbyaddr'
/usr/include/netdb.h:174: previous declaration of `getnetbyaddr'
make[2]: *** [winstub.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/new/src/nettools/ucd-snmp-4.1.2/cyg/apps/snmpnetsta
t'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 2

===== end error message =====

-- 
/---------------------------\ /----------------------------------\
|     Victor M. Esquivel     | NetworkCare Professional Services |
| Network Systems Consultant |   2377 Gold Meadow Way, Suit 230  |
|    [email-masked]    |        Gold River, CA 95670       |
|    (916) 859-5200 x338     |         FAX (916) 859-5201        |
\---------------------------/ \----------------------------------/
 \           Disclaimer: Standard disclaimer applies.           /
  \------------------------------------------------------------/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple