Subject: Re: time to download
From: Warren Young <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin-L <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:05:48 -0700

murthy ramana wrote:
> 
> justi need to know how much time will it take to down load cygwin through
> 56kb modem ?

All the binary packages together are about 25 MB, but you don't have to
download absolutely everything.  There was a post on this list in the
past day or so that gave lists of minimum package lists for both
"regular user use" and "developer use".  

Since Cygwin's setup program makes it very easy to incrementally
download packages, you might choose to download the "minimum user"
configuration, and then later download individual packages as you need
them.
--                                                   _
= 'Net Address: http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent | / \  ASCII Ribbon
= ICBM Address: 36.82740N, 108.02040W, alt. 1714m | \ /  Campaign
=                                                 |  X   Against
= Chance favors the prepared mind.                | / \  HTML Mail

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple