Subject: Re: firewall ports
From: "Paul Garceau" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 17:50:01 -0800

Hi folks,

On 7 Feb 2001, at 14:23, the Illustrious Earnie Boyd wrote:

> New eSafe users:
> Download your free copy of eSafe Desktop 2.2 and get protected
> today.
> http://www.esafe.com/forms/download/form.asp?product=espd&org_typ
> e=i
> 
> * Note: Make sure to update eSafe after you install.

> > 
> > Are there any plans to port any unix firewall software, like an ipchains or
> > ipfwadm, to cygwin? It would be nice to have a free, low maintenance port
> > filter (I hate zonealarm)

	No one said you had to use it.  You can get another firewall 
which is free for personal use:

> New eSafe users:
> Download your free copy of eSafe Desktop 2.2 and get protected 
today.

http://www.esafe.com/forms/download/form.asp?product=espd&org_type=i

>* Note: Make sure to update eSafe after you install.

	Bear in mind, however, that it is far more complex and has a 
far higher learning curve on it than does ZoneAlarm.  If you've 
got any network adminstration experience, eSafe is fairly 
straightforward.

	Both work well together.

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple