Subject: 1.1.8: login 1.4 problem, sshd problem (Win2k and NT): invalid password
From: "Martin Lenze" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:34:14 +0100

Hi,
I've got problems with login and sshd on win2k and NT 4.0.
If I try to login via ssh or with login to localhost I get "Invalid
password" error, even when trying to log on to localhost.
Both machines I have tested with are not  belonging to any domain, so
authentication should be local.

Reading through the source of login 1.4 I found, that "HANDLE hToken =
cygwin_logon_user( pwd, pp);"
returns a true condition for the following if case "if ( hToken !=
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)."

But passwords are o.k. and /etc/passwd is also (rewritten with
mkpasswd) regarding correct "SID"-Values comma seperated after the
user name in the comment field.

This seems to have been working with an older version of cygwin1.dll
as I had "sshd" installed as single application beforehand with an
older cygwin1.dll which I found here:
http://marvin.criadvantage.com/caspian/Software/SSHD-NT/default.php

I'm sorry, but I do not have the time to search for the bug and my C
programming knowledge is not good enough, to supply a patch already.

M. Lenze
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking Objects Software GmbH              [email-masked]
Kranstr. 8, 70499 Stuttgart, Germany          +49 711 838981-50
fax +49 711 838981-69 cel. +49 170 7917721 home +49 6221 618036

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple