Subject: Re: ddd-3.2.98/cygwin problesms: "c/*.[vV][sS][lL]" and "java not found"
From: Andreas Zeller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 01 Feb 2001 17:27:24 +0100

Hi!

[email-masked] writes:

> Well, I've gotten a little bit further. My previous configure problem 
> was that, stupid me, I didn't have motif libraries installed. I had 
> re-installed cygwin and forgot that last step. Then I got the configure 
> problem that looked very much like the previous library ordering 
> configure problem... Anyway, sorry.
> 
> So now a have a new problem. When I try to bring up ddd with the 
> command line:
> 
> ddd --jdb java MyClass
> 
> I get a dialog box that says "c/*.[vV][sS][lL]: No such file or 
> directory"

This is indeed a Cygwin issue.  DDD has a resource called `vslPath';
it determines the places where VSL files are sought (including
themes).  This resource is a colon-separated list of directories, just
like the PATH envivonment variable.  Part of the default value for
`vslPath' is computed from two sources:

- your home directory, specified in the HOME environment variable,
- the DDD installation directory.

If any of these contains a DOS drive prefix (say, `c:/foo/bar'), this
will become part of the `vslPath' value, and DDD will happily
interpret this as two directories `c' and `/foo/bar'.  

I don't know whether this should be resolved in DDD or in your
environment, but there should be a simple workaround.  For instance,
can you set up your PATH such that different DOS drives are
referenced?  If so, how?

> and in the message window of ddd I get the message "java not found"

This is a JDB message.  If you invoke JDB as `jdb java MyClass', you
get just this message.  You probably meant `ddd --jdb MyClass'.

Andreas

-- 
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple