Subject: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=004C3F6F
From: David Highley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:36:35 -0800

When running the apell program I received the error,
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=004C3F6F
There were also values for main and termination point on the screen.

This program has been running fine until I updated the Cygwin
installation.  I have attached the stack dump and the portion of
the setup.log file for the down loads that effected the running of
this application.

I did try rebuilding the application to see if there was a library
change that might have caused the problem.

I attempted to use the setup utility to revert to previous versions of
each down load one at a time to try and isolate the problem, but I
ran into troubles when I attempted this. I ended up hand editing
the setup.ini file, removing the install and re-installing to get
things running again.

--

Regards,

David Highley
Highley Recommended, Inc.
2927 SW 339th Street
Federal Way, WA 98023-7732

Phone: (206) 669-0081
FAX:   (253) 838-8509
Email: [email-masked]
WEB:   http://www.highley-recommended.com

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=004C3F6F
eax=0A012360 ebx=6EAC5300 ecx=0A012358 edx=0A012364 esi=0A0103A8 edi=02D3EC84
ebp=02D3E94C esp=02D3EBEC program=C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\aspell.exe
cs=001B ds=0023 es=0023 fs=003B gs=0000 ss=0023
Stack trace:
Frame     Function  Args
02D3E94C  004C3F6F  (00000000, 00000000, 00000000, 00000000)
02D3EC44  004C3F6F  (02D3EC84, 0A012358, 02D3ECB0, 00000000)
02D3ECA4  0042B57C  (0A012328, 0A0103A8, 0A0115C4, 004F86D7)
02D3ED04  00435A82  (02D3FBA4, 0A0103A8, 02D3ED84, 00449729)
02D3ED64  00435B1A  (02D3FBA4, 0A0103A8, 0A0103AE, 00000008)
02D3EF54  004DD43A  (02D3FA04, 02D3F13B, 02D3FC14, 00408AEE)
02D3FC14  0040CD4F  (02D30001, 004011F3, 00000000, 00000005)
02D3FEB4  00402387  (00000003, 4A020CA8, 0A010008, FFFFFFFE)
02D3FF10  61003859  (00000000, 00000000, 77F76387, 77F7638F)
02D3FF40  61003A3D  (00401260, 00000000, 80118BCF, 805A9220)
02D3FF60  61003A7C  (00000000, 00000000, 7FFDC000, 82AC3980)
02D3FF90  004812CF  (00401260, 80855700, 00000246, 8011748B)
02D3FFC0  0040103D  (00000000, 00000000, 7FFDF000, 7FFDF000)
02D3FFF0  77F1BA06  (00401000, 00000000, 000000B0, 00000100)
End of stack trace
2001/01/31 12:43:40 Starting cygwin install
Current Directory: C:\pub\cygwin
source: download
Selected local directory: C:\pub\cygwin
net: IE5
site: (null)
site: http://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/cygwin
Downloaded latest/ash/ash-20010129.tar.gz
Downloaded latest/bash/bash-2.04-6.tar.gz
Downloaded latest/cygwin/cygwin-1.1.8-1.tar.gz
Downloaded latest/dejagnu/dejagnu-20010117-1.tar.gz
Downloaded latest/expect/expect-20010117-1.tar.gz
Downloaded latest/mingw/mingw-20010130-1.tar.gz
Downloaded contrib/squid/squid-2.4.PRE-STABLE.tar.gz
Downloaded latest/w32api/w32api-20010130-1.tar.gz
mbox note: Download Complete
2001/01/31 12:53:47 Ending cygwin install

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple