Subject: Re: Possible problems in select() under Win95/98/ME
From: "Ehud Karni" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:47:57 +0200

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:44:55 -0500, Christopher Faylor
    <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 05:17:14PM +0200, Ehud Karni wrote:
> > As it happens I had time-out in my proxy for the select(), set to 30
> > seconds, I changed it to 1 and 3 second and ran my proxy.  There seem
> > to be loopback connection created for each select() return.  Then I had
> > some net activity (not related to the proxy or Cygwin) and the creation
> > of the loopback connection CEASED !.  I then changed the time-out to
> > 300 milliseconds, and no loopback connection was created.
> 
> As always, much of this speculation and wonder could be obviated by
> reading the source code.

Can you be more specific about which code ? (I checked the ssh code if
you read the 1st half of my email).

Ehud.

-- 
 @@@@@@ @@@ @@@@@@ @    @   Ehud Karni  Simon & Wiesel  Insurance agency
     @    @      @  @@  @   Tel: +972-3-6212-757    Fax: +972-3-6292-544
     @    @ @    @ @  @@    (USA)  Fax  and  voice  mail:  1-815-5509341
     @    @ @    @ @    @        Better     Safe     Than     Sorry
 http://www.simonwiesel.co.il    mailto:[email-masked]

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple