Subject: Re: ddd-3.2.98 configure problem on cygwin
From: Andreas Zeller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Suhaib Siddiqi <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], DDD Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 2001 10:26:18 +0100

Hi!

Suhaib Siddiqi <[email-masked]> writes:

>  This is really DDD issue, which needs to be fixed.  The order
> of libraries in your Makefiles, generated by configure script of DDD,
> are wrong.  You can either manually edit the Makefiles or
> fix the configure script.

Chuck's report does not relate to the DDD Makefiles - `make' is never
called, but to the invocation of DDD `configure'.  To fix this, I need:

* the exact error message, as listed in the `config.log'
  and `ddd/config.log' files.

* the `configure' invocation, as listed in the `config.status' file.

Please reply soon, such that fixes (if needed) can make it into DDD 3.3.

> I quote you from www.lesstif.org FAQ, which DDD folks should consider
> reading too. 

I don't know how Suhaib can assume there's something I haven't read :-)
Yes, I have read the LessTif FAQ, and the DDD Makefile has since been
fixed to work with Cygwin (as of DDD 3.2.98 and later).  Here's the
library ordering on my system:

    -lXm -lXaw -lXmu -lXt -lXpm -lXp -lXext \
        -lX11 -lSM -lICE -lncurses -liberty -lm

Compare this to the ordering as specified in the LessTif FAQ - you'll
find it's perfectly compliant:

    -lMrm -lXm -lXt -lXmu -lXp -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE

Remember: for a bug report, always state what you do, what you expect,
and how your experience differs from the expectations.  Anything else,
including assumptions about the code and its developers, rarely helps.

Best wishes,

Andreas

-- 
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple