Subject: Confirm or deny.
From: L Anderson <[email-masked]>
To: cygwinList <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:34:56 -0800

I'm trying to understand, clarify, and document a problem I have
encountered with the latest version of cygwin and it would be of great
help if someone would confirm or deny something about cygwin for me.

It's my understanding from all I've read that cygwin is designed to run
under a number of shells including, specifically, bash and
Dos/Win98(command.com--I'm running Win98), albeit with  slightly
different behavior.  In other words, can I expect cygwin to function
Unixishly in a cygwin window and Dosishly in a Dos/Win98 window?

I have searched the faqs, user documents, etc. and can find nothing that
claims otherwise.

Thanks,

Lowell Anderson

<comic relief>
I've been programming for over 35 years so I hope this doesn't get me
removed from the list or preclude me from getting an answer.
</comic relief>

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple