Subject: Re: PC X connectivity
From: Vladimir G Ivanovic <[email-masked]>
To: Ming Lam <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:34:56 -0800

I use Exceed 6.1 as my primary GUI on Windows 2000 Pro (and before that, 
Windows NT 4.0). The binaries from

  ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/cygwin/xfree/xc-4-binaries

work perfectly with it. As far as I can tell, there's nothing that you
could do with an X server that you can't do with Exceed. For example, I
have XEmacs and Netscape running on a Linux box displayed on my W2K
machine all the time.

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic                    http://www.leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         [email-masked]
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014

"ML" == Ming Lam <[email-masked]> writes:

  ML> I am currently using a product from the Hummingbird corporation
  ML> called Exceed (http://www.hcl.com/products/nc/exceed/index.html).
  ML> I would like to know if cygwin offers a freely available software
  ML> package that will allow me access to applications on my Sun server
  ML> through my PC running Windows NT.

--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Check out: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple